Sunday, September 13, 2009

John 10:10 Prayer for Pastors

As I pray for you today, I’m thinking about an email I got from a pastor friend who just had a new grandchild born this week. The picture in the email shows the baby girl being held for the first time by her smiling grandmother. Being the father of two girls, I understand the thrill of that new life, but I will wait a while before I experience the real thrill of being a grandparent.

New life is an amazing thing – in the birth of a child God reminds us of the beauty and miracle of the new life we know in Jesus, a birthing that may just take place in your church today! So, that is my prayer for you this Sunday morning:

Lord Jesus, You said that You came that we may have life, and have it abundantly. I pray that Your presence would so fill the places where Your people meet this Sunday that Your life will permeate the rooms and call those with no life to Yourself. Help Your servants, the preachers of Your Word today, Lord, to be empowered by the Spirit to speak boldly and lovingly of the life You make possible when we turn to You in faith. Protect Your servants also, and help them to stand in Your strength, covered with Your armor, speaking Your message to the congregation and to everyone they meet. This day, may many new children be born again into Your family.

Thank You, today, Jesus, for the new life we have in You. Help us to live it, demonstrate it, and tell others about it by Your power at work in us. All for Your glory and for the good of Your church, Amen!

No comments: